With the support of the ACT Government Office of LGBTIQ Affairs, the AIDS Action Council is providing counselling and support services during the Australian Marriage Equality Postal Survey.
World AIDS Day is held on 1 December each year. It raises awareness across the world and in the community about HIV and AIDS. It is a day for the community to show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died of AIDS related conditions or other conditions associated with HIV.
28 November 1960 – 16 October 2017
It is with great sadness that the Board, Staff and Volunteers of the AIDS Action Council of the ACT acknowledge the sad passing of Adjunct Associate Professor Levinia Crooks, AM on 16 October 2017 after a long and courageously fought illness. Levinia was 56 and is survived by her mother, Judy.
The Rainbow Pet Parade will return to Fair Day in 2017!
“Allies of LGBTIQ people have been asking what they can do to show their support for friends, families and colleagues while the postal survey is being rolled out” Philippa Moss, Executive Director of the AIDS Action Council said today.
Find your way around CBR Fair Day
In addition to the map and program below, you can find information, timing and locations for each workshop and performance at CBR Fair Day via our Facebook page. Click here to see the full list of events! Throughout Gorman Arts Centre you'll find maps with this information, along with a QR Code. Use the QR Code Scanner available on Facebook (via the Facebook App or Browser version) to scan the QR code and get back to this page easily. This way, you'll be able to keep all of your favourite workshops and performances book marked and make the very most of your CBR Fair Day!
Applications are now open for CBR Fair Day 2017 at Gorman Arts Centre
Performers, stallholders and sponsors are the back bone of this wonderful annual event, and we encourage you to take a look at the information packs below and decide how you or your organisation can get involved! In 2016 we saw 40+ stallholders, 7 amazing performers and more than 10 organisations sponsoring and lending support to bring CBR Fair Day to life. This year we are going bigger, louder and brighter and we want to bring you along for the ride!
More Articles ...
- Lesbian, Bisexual and Queer Women's Health Conference, 2017
- Change is never easy, but change is here to stay
- LGBTIQ Aged Care Training Free Workshop
- LGBTIQ Community Consortium Report
- Career Opportunity: Community Engagement Officer
- GRUNT CBR campaign launch
- National Day of Women Living with HIV to be marked with morning tea at the AIDS Action Council
- An AIDS Action Council fundraising trivia evening
- Implants and injectables: PrEP in the future
- National Carillion and Kings Avenue Overpass to be lit up in red as Canberra marks World AIDS Day with community picnic