Accessing PrEP through the Green Cross Pharmacy Coupon Program
The AIDS Action Council is partnering with Green Cross Pharmacy Australia to improve access to PrEP for our communities. Through our relationship with Green Cross Pharmacy, the AIDS Action Council is able to assist you in accessing PrEP for free. How to apply for a free PrEP coupon:
- Obtain a script for PrEP through a doctor (must be a recent script). Please note that we do not provide scripts for PrEP. Click here for a list of prescribing doctors in ACT.
- Scan or upload a photo of your script. If you have a concession card you will need to scan or upload a photo of your current card as well.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an email with a shopping coupon for Green Cross Pharmacy within a few working days, along with instructions on how to complete your purchase.
- You will receive 3 months worth of free PrEP by mail (please allow 2 - 3 weeks for delivery).
- You may apply again every 3 months if coupons are available.
After you have received your shopping coupon we will delete all records and email correspondence about your application. The AIDS Action Council is not storing any data about this process.
Please keep in mind that the number of available coupons may be limited. Each coupon entitles you to a 3 months supply only. If you require another 3 months you will need to apply again, keeping in mind the 2-3 week delivery turn around. The Green Cross Pharmacy Coupon Program requires you to demonstrate that you are experiencing financial hardship or are on a low income. If you have a healthcare card (such as through Centrelink), a pensioner card, or a student ID, then you are eligible for a coupon. If you do not have one of these cards but are experiencing some financial hardship, please write a brief explanation in your email and AIDS Action Council will make an assessment.
If you are not able to scan or upload photos of your documents please visit the AIDS Action Council office in Turner - we can help you through the application process. If you are experiencing difficulty using the Green Cross Pharmacy ordering webpage we can also assist you with this process.
If you would like to discuss eligibility or the application process with a team member please call 02 6257 2855 during business hours for a confidential discussion.
Importing PrEP can otherwise be organised through the PAN website and various overseas pharmacies. 10% (1 in 10) of sales of PrEP through Green Cross Pharmacy generate a coupon for someone who is experiencing financial hardship, or on a low income. The AIDS Action Council is assisting Green Cross Pharmacy to communicate the availability of these coupons and to help facilitate people with access to the coupons to improve access to PrEP in the ACT. The AIDS Action Council benefits in no other way from this partnership.